Thursday, January 12, 2012

The beginning of a Journey ~ Lyme's disease

This week has been one of the longest weeks of my life! Nor do I think I've spent this much time on the phone in ages! Yes my inbox is full again, and I've not had a moment to empty it. I've been at school less than ever, but Praise the Lord I got 100% on my test, even with all of this going on and not knowing something was going to be on it. The Lord is good!

This week we found out that my mom has Advanced Lyme's disease. She's not been feeling well for the past many many years yet the doctors couldn't ever find anything wrong. So, praise the Lord, we finally know what it is. The doctor is thinking that she has had it for years.

Due to the severity of the case we are flying out to California next week to start her in a 21 day program to treat the Lyme's. I'm so grateful for some dear friends that I've been able to talk to that have had and overcome Lyme's as they have given us a lot of suggestions and counsel on what to do. It's going to be an intense process. The doctor says it will most likely take about a year.

I'm going to be giving some updates on here while I'm there. Due to being in the middle of Medical Massage school I won't be able to be there the whole time, but I'm grateful for my teachers letting me go and to reschedule my midterm.

We'd appreciate all of your prayers during this time.


Isaiah 41: 10, 13 
 10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

 13For I the LORD thy God will hold thy right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. I was thinking you might want to change your blog name to something more general now that midwifery is not the focus :)

    ReplyDelete