Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Waiting… ~

After some time of wondering if I could possibly have Lyme's disease I decided to get tested. How could I have it, you might ask…well, the doctor is thinking that my mom might have had it for 20-30 years and my life fits in the middle of that number. I do have one of the strange symptoms of it, so to get a clear answer we decided it'd be best just to get tested.
For the past week I've taken hot baths every night, other than when I was sick and had a fever, to try and kill any possible spirochetes and therefore get an accurate result. One of my biggest fears in life is…needles, getting my blood drawn is something very scary to me. I know, with being a nurse you wouldn't think that would be the case, but it is. So it took a lot to get tested since it meant having to get my blood drawn. Yet, praise the Lord! She got it in one poke and I didn't black out this time! It did hurt quite bad but it's over!
Now I get to wait for 10 days to get the results. Oh, how I'm praying that I don't have Lyme's, yet if I do I'd rather know. It's in the Lord's hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment