Thursday, May 17, 2012

A thought from the story of Jonah ~

Today as we were driving home from spending some wonderful time with my brother, sister-in-law and my precious little nieces we were talking about who we are looking forward to meeting in heaven. We all mentioned different names and then as I was thinking about all the different Bible characters Jonah popped in my mind.
Oh I'd like to meet Jonah to see what it was like to be in the belly of a fish for three days. As I was pondering that I realized, wow! God went through a lot to reach Jonah! I mean seriously, God didn't just let Jonah sail away, He ran after him, pursued him. God loved Jonah so much, and the people of Ninevah that He got a big fish to come swallow him because He knew that's what it would take for Jonah to surrender to the Lord's will. Wow! What a thought!
We have a God that loves us too much to just let us go. He will and is going to all measures to woo us to Him.
Now on the other side…let's not be like Jonah and have it take being swallowed by a fish and sitting there for three long days to surrender our wills to the Lord and His calling for us! :) Jonah had a lot of thinking time…and sometimes God will allow circumstances to occur to get us to think long and hard about our life, direction, choices, decisions and where we are with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment