Thursday, September 16, 2010

Today's Program Feature...

"The Lemon Wrap"

Last fall when I was on my way to Montana to help teach a Midwifery seminar, we stopped in South Dakota for the weekend. While there I dislocated several ribs and tore my intercostal muscles (all b/c of coughing.) Praise the Lord that the place that this happened was at a lifestyle center and there were several doctors there to help. One of the kind people helping me thought that I was coughing b/c I had the flu (which I didn't believe was the case, but helpless as I was, I couldn't do too much) and they decided that they would give me a Lemon Wrap Treatment. All I knew was that I didn't have the flu and that I was in the most excruciating pain, even to breathe. After they iced my ribs and back to the point that I was numb they gave me this crazy sounding treatment. In my mind all I could imagine was being all wrapped up in lemons, and that didn't sound too exciting when all I could think about was how much pain I was in and that I really couldn't move.

Then the lady came in to give me the mysterious and strange sounding treatment...

...continued next post...

...

No comments:

Post a Comment