Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ear Pain & Onion Poultices ~

For the past two weeks I've been sick with the horrible virus that is going around. It started with a horrible headache and then moved into one ear and then a few days later moved into the other ear and my throat. I seriously have tried just about everything natural to clear up my ears: charcoal poultices, garlic in my ears, tea tree oil, alcohol, GFSE, drinking charcoal, hot and cold showers, hot foot baths, etc. For two nights I could barely sleep because the pain was so bad. After a few days of pain we went to the doctor to get a diagnosis and found out that I had two bad ear infections and an inflamed throat. I came home and the pain was starting to get worse, so I called a friend to find out if there was a remedy that I had not tried. They suggested an onion poultice. You bake the onion and put it into a poultice while it's hot and leave it on until it cools off.

Well… I really on't like onions nor the smell but here I was putting onions on one ear and garlic in the other and guess what? Praise the Lord the onion poultice took away the pain!!

So, for any of you out there that struggle with ear pain or know someone that does suggest to them to make hot onion poultices, they work just great! Be careful not to burn the person, I would put it close to my ear and let the steam go into my ear until it had cooled down just enough to put it on my ear.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the first things that I learned from Danny Vierra. My kids have only had ear infections or ear pain once but I used this remedy and it worked perfectly!
    Blessings, Debra
    Raw Vegan Diet

    ReplyDelete